Saturday, January 8, 2011

Heavy Breathing

I hate going to the gym...specifically 24 hour fitness. Here I walk, knowing I am going to exhaust myself running in place like a damn hamster, and climb endless stairs for upwards of an hour, but I get to do so watching goons flexing and mirror watching. I used to think this was humorous, now it just bothers me. Dudes walking around exposing their lats, and traps, upper dorsomous, and no chinious maximus.

If there was a required uniform to wear to the gym it would go as follows: Faux hawk (slightly gelled) Black beater (fake tan a necessity) some sort of jewelry (earrings, chain, watch, rings...get wild and go all 4. style points are heavily rewarded at the gym) No athletic shorts required, confusing I know but here its about looking good and not getting a sweat in. So I suggest jeans, with some white adidas. This is working out, where more time is spent walking around mirror flexing than lifting. This is the life that I lead and get to enjoy.

So i put my head down and power through my last 30 minutes on the elliptical...tap, tap, tap. Alright...some dumbass needs to talk to me, and I am put in a tight spot. Do I? a.)Pull my earbuds out and let them dangle and swing spastically and run the risk of tangling them, or getting them caught on my machine. b.) stop all together completely and run the risk of losing my workout and lose all my data I earned the previous 20 minutes. I chose the latter. I turn around to a balding 50 something man asking "Hey son are you about finished?" My mind begins going seabiscuit. What the hell is this dude thinking? The nerve of this fucking guy. I literally am going to have a heart attack. I respond with a grunt. Don't call me son, I didn't call you grandpa. I power through my workout. Ditching this hell hole. Ending by checking my heart rate, not surprised it read error. I should be in an ambulance. Where is the defibrillator? Sad thing is I get to come back tomorrow and do this waltz all over again. Shitty.

On to the medication...

Star Slinger hails from the UK. mainly a club dance and electronica genre. I find it a good break from the mainstream radio mumbo gumbo. Boom. Thunder.



Kanye, John Legend, Chris Rock...nothing more to be said here. hits so much its abusive.